The Teacher Academy Summer Program is looking for juniors and seniors who want to explore the teaching profession during a paid internship opportunity. Students will engage in professional learning about teaching practices and gain experience in pre-kindergarten through grade 6 classrooms during the summer. High school graduates who meet the requirements may be eligible to apply for a paraprofessional position with the district.
- Must have a desire to work with children
- Eligibility GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Current junior or senior in high school
- Attendance rate of 90% or above
- Complete ALL portions of the online application
- Must attend the Summer Orientation Meeting on Monday, April 14, from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Attend the Saturday professional learning on May 15 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Contracted from June 14 to June 30
- Attend professional learning every Monday and Wednesday from 1-3 p.m.