Important Instructions to Book Your Elementary Experience
For 3rd, 4th, and 6th grade, information on the different elementary experiences is provided in the sections below. Scroll down to visit the page for each specific experience type for more information including available dates and times and maximum number of students. Some experiences that are currently on pause or not available do not have links.
To Book an Appointment
- Click the “Book Appointment” button above.
- Select the experience you want to book.
- Choose the date and time by scrolling through the calendar of available dates by month. Click on the date and then click on the time to select.
- Fill out the required information. Any field with an asterisk (*) is required.
- Confirm your information. If all information is correct, click “Book my Experience”. If it is not correct, click the back arrow next to the progress bar to go back to the Your Information page.
- When you have completed the booking process, the page will read “Experience Confirmed”.
- Experiences will be sent in Outlook Calendar invites to site administration, office managers, and grade-level teachers approximately 2 weeks before the experience. When you receive the invite, accept it and make sure to select “send response” so the CCR office has confirmation it was received.
- If a change is required (either location or date/time), follow the instructions above to schedule another trip with the correct location and date, then email Garrett Main or Gianni Danisi to cancel the previous experience and transportation.
Bricks 4 Kidz, a company specializing in STEM education utilizing Lego models, teaches engineering skills to each 3rd grade classroom. Bricks 4 Kidz visits each site to provide an in-class 60-90 minute learning activity to all 3rd grade students across the District. Cooperative team-based discovery and critical thinking skills are reinforced as students work together to determine career themes of the hands-on activity.
Below is a list of our industry partners working with our 4th graders. Click each link for more information about each experience.
- Bitwise Industries
- CAL Fire
- CA Department of Fish and Wildlife – San Joaquin Fish Hatchery
- Chukchansi Park – Fresno Grizzlies
- Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Fresno Police Department
- Fresno Unified’s Nutrition and Maintenance Centers
- University of California – Kearney Agriculture Research and Extension Center
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation – Friant Dam
- Wastewater Management Facility
After you have booked the experience online, CCR will reserve transportation and coordinate with the host. The school is responsible for permission slips and providing chaperones.
Please refer to the “Student/Adult Ratio” in your Outlook calendar invite to ensure enough supervision. All adults need to be fingerprinted at Human Resources and to complete a Volunteer Form. Note: Adults only need to be fingerprinted once for all Fresno Unified events.
All experiences that are outdoor include walking. Please alert your students to wear appropriate shoes and clothing for the forecast.
6th grade students will visit one of three local community colleges: Clovis, Fresno, and Reedley. Each school offers a unique experience for our students, but all provide exposure to future educational opportunities with our higher education partners.
On-Campus Science and Math Elementary Programs (5th and 6th grade)
Fresno Unified’s partnership with the Lyles Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Fresno State continues for the hands-on science program for all 5th and 6th grade students. 5th grade students participate in STEM 5, and 6th grade do Kids Invent!