Important Instructions to Book Your Elementary Experience
To Book an Appointment
- Click the “Book Appointment” button above.
- Select the experience you want to book.
- Choose the date and time by clicking through the calendar of available dates by month. Click on the date and then click on the time to select.
- Fill out the required information.
- Click on “Book”.
- Experiences will be sent in Outlook Calendar invites to site administration, office managers, and grade-level teachers approximately 2 weeks before the experience. When you receive the invite, accept it and make sure to select “send response” so the CCR office has confirmation it was received.
- If a change is required (either location or date/time), follow the instructions above to schedule another trip with the correct location and date, then email Garrett Main or Gianni Danisi to cancel the previous experience and transportation.
Bricks 4 Kidz – 1st and 2nd Grade
Bricks 4 Kidz, a company specializing in STEM education utilizing Lego models, teaches engineering skills to each 1st and 2nd grade classroom. Bricks 4 Kidz visits each site to provide an in-class 90 minute learning activity to all 1st and 2nd grade students across the District. Cooperative team-based discovery and critical thinking skills are reinforced as students work together to determine career themes of the hands-on activity.
Industry Visits – 4th Grade
Below is a list of our industry partners working with our 4th graders. Click each link for more information about each experience. Some experiences that are currently on pause or not available do not have links.
- CAL Fire
- Chukchansi Park – Fresno Grizzlies
- Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Fresno Police Department
- Fresno State Farm Tours
- Fresno Unified’s Nutrition and Maintenance Centers
- University of California – Kearney Agriculture Research and Extension Center
- Wastewater Management Facility
After you have booked the experience online, CCR will reserve transportation and coordinate with the host. The school is responsible for permission slips and providing chaperones.
Please refer to the “Student/Adult Ratio” in your Outlook calendar invite to ensure enough supervision. All adults need to be fingerprinted at Human Resources and to complete a Volunteer Form. Note: Adults only need to be fingerprinted once for all Fresno Unified events.
All experiences that are outdoor include walking. Please alert your students to wear appropriate shoes and clothing for the forecast.
College Tours – 6th Grade
6th grade students will visit one of four local colleges: Clovis Community, Fresno City, Reedley College, and Fresno State. Each school offers a unique experience for our students, but all provide exposure to future educational opportunities with our higher education partners.
THINK Program – 3rd through 6th Grade
What is THINK? Teaching How Innovation Nurtures Knowledge is a program created by Fresno Unified’s Career Technical Education Department and the Lyles Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Fresno State. THINK is a monthly career-based challenge program that allows students to solve problems that are rooted in the engineering design process.