Want to partner with Fresno Unified?
We in Career Readiness look to you – the business, industry, and community experts – to advise us on current industry trends so we may offer our students the most up-to-date, relevant career preparation possible.
Contact us to find out how you can shape the workforce of the future!
Industry partners talk about the benefits and impact of partnering with Fresno Unified for Work-Based Learning.
What is a Partnership?
A partnership is an interaction with students and teachers that directly relates to your industry sector or career field. Partnerships help add relevance and make connections from what students are learning in the classroom to the world of work, answering the question, “Why am I learning this?”
Why Partner with Fresno Unified?
- Enhance the capacity of your future workforce
- Exposure for your business
- Network with other businesspeople
- Increase business and marketing opportunities
- Increase your company’s recognition
- Enhance goodwill
- Demonstrate your company’s commitment to the community
- Demonstrate your company’s commitment to education
- Develop new projects and ideas with student assistance
- Participate in the curriculum development process
- Develop a pool of skilled and motivated potential future employees
- Reduce training/recruitment costs
- Improve employee motivation and retention
- Support and improve educational programs
- Increase interest in the company and industry by inspiring the future workforce
- Demonstrate corporate social responsibility
- Provide opportunities for employees to use their professional skills to benefit the community
How to partner with Fresno Unified
- Join the CTE Advisory Committee and/or a Pathway Subcommittee
- Be a guest speaker
- Host a tour of your organization/facility
- Host a job shadow event
- Offer high school student internships
- Participate in student mentorships
- Facilitate expanding teacher skills and knowledge through externships
- Allow students to interview you about your career path
- Conduct mock interviews with students
- Offer volunteer opportunities
- Provide expertise on curriculum and projects
- Evaluate student projects/presentations
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Digital Media, Arts, and Design
- Education, Child Development, and Public Services
- Health and Human Services
- Industrial Manufacturing and Technology
Who can I contact about becoming a partner?
If you are interested in working with Fresno Unified, you can fill out our contact form to have someone reach out to you, or you can contact CCR staff listed below directly based on what industry sector you work in.
|Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|Business and Entrepreneurship|
|Digital Media, Arts, and Design|
|Education, Child Development, and Public Services|
|Health and Human Services|
|Industrial Manufacturing and Technology|
If you would rather work with a specific school site or program, you can also contact their CTE Coordinator directly. For more information about what programs are offered at which sites, check out our CTE Pathways and Programs Brochure.
|Ralph Vasquez||Bullard||Biomedicine; Business Marketing & Technology; Law & Social Justice||451-4345||Email Ralph|
|Cara Jurado||Duncan Polytechnical||Innovative Design & Applied Technology Academy (IDATA)||248-7087||Email Cara|
|Karen Burrington||Duncan Polytechnical||Medical Academy of Science & Health (MASH)||248-7518||Email Karen|
|Troy Odell||Edison||Biomedicine; Engineering Design & Development||457-4937||Email Troy|
|Kei Shabazz||Fresno||Construction Design & Technology; Digital Media||457-2816||Email Kei|
|Katie Wortman||Hoover||Arts, Media, & Entertainment; Eco-Technology; Public Service||451-4000||Email Katie|
|Eric Walter||McLane||Finance & Entrepreneurship; Medical Education & Research Academy (MERA)||248-5635||Email Eric|
|Christina Rodriguez||Patiño School of Entrepreneurship||Business, Entrepreneurship, & Technology||248-7360||Email Christina|
|Dina Scambray||Roosevelt||Health Academy; Public Service||253-5309||Email Dina|
|Emily Phelps||Sunnyside||Agriscience; Health Sciences; Multimedia & Marketing||253-6700||Email Emily|
CTE Advisory Board Information
College & Career Readiness
Address: 4120 N. First Avenue, Fresno, CA 93726
Phone: (559) 248-7465
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.