The College and Career Readiness Office will process and issue work permits during summer break (June 13 – August 12, closed July 4). Students needing a work permit must follow the steps outlined below.
Checklist to get a work permit:
- Receive a job offer from an employer PRIOR to obtaining a work permit.
- Complete an Intent to Employ, State of California Department of Education form number B1-1
- Available online at http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/dlseformB1-1.pdf or on the CCR website (Work Permit Procedures & Application), or may be picked up at the College & Career Readiness Office.
- Have employer complete and sign their portion of the application.
- Once student, parent, and employer complete and sign their section, call 248-7465 to schedule an appointment to have your work permit processed.
- At your scheduled appointment, a work permit will be issued on site and student must stay at the office building while the work permit is generated. Appointments can take up to 30 minutes.
- District staff reviews student’s grades and attendance to determine student’s eligibility and notes grades and attendance on the B1-1.
- District staff will generate official work permit (B1-4 form), print 3 copies, and sign. Student is given the work permit to sign.
- After signing, two forms are given to the student — one form is to be given to the employer and one is for the student’s records. One form is retained by the District.
Per California Labor Law, students cannot work during school hours.
College & Career Readiness Office
4120 N First Street
Fresno, CA 93726
Hours: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm