Are you interested in a health care career?
The Allied Health programs at Fresno City College offer affordable hands-on training to prepare you for the competitive job market. Get started on a health career of your choice today!
The Future Health Care Professionals Program provides students an opportunity to receive priority admission into some of the most popular healthcare programs at Fresno City College.
About the Program
The Future Health Care Professionals Program is an accelerated pathway for completion of pre-requisite courses for Allied Health programs. Students who complete the admission requirements will be given
priority placement into their major of choice: Dental Hygiene, Radiologic Technology, Register Nursing, or Respiratory Care.
The FCC West Fresno Campus will be the primary campus with some classes at the Fresno City College Campus. The cohort of 20 students will be registered by the program and will attend classes together. Group tutoring, individual tutoring, and counseling services will be provided.
- First semester classes are scheduled Monday-Friday starting at 8am.
- As a full-time student your academic commitment must be a priority as your class schedule will be coordinated by the program.
- Students must be available to attend class and program activities for approximately 30 hours per week.
Students will explore and choose one of the following majors offered at Fresno City College: Dental Hygiene, Radiologic Technology, Registered Nursing, or Respiratory Care Practitioner. They will complete the pre-requisite and general education courses for the major of choice within 2 years. Upon completion of these requirements, students will be placed into their health care program of choice and complete
2 additional years to obtain an associate’s degree and become eligible for state licensure.
Student Schedule for Fall 2023
|Course Title||Course Number||Units|
|Human Biology||BIOL 5||4|
|General Psychology||PSY 2||3|
|College Transition and Success||COUN 150||1|
|Introduction to Health Careers||AHLTH 100||2|
Program Application Requirements
- Current senior graduating from a high school in the Fresno region.
- Participated in or currently enrolled in a high school Health Care Pathway.
- Successful completion of at least two dual enrollment classes required for the Pre-Allied Health Associate of Science Degree (FCC Courses: AFRAM 1, AHTLH 100, ART 2, ART 3, ART 7, CHDEV 38, CHDEV 39, COMM 1, COMM 8, COUN 53, ENGL 1A, HIT 10, MUS 12, SPAN 1, or SPAN 2).
- High School cumulative GPA of 2.5 GPA (nonweighted).
- Complete Future Health Care Professionals Program application.
- Must submit high school transcript and two letters of recommendation.
- Deadline to submit program application and required documents is March 31, 2023.
- Collect high school transcript and 2 letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be from a professional who is familiar with your academic or leadership progress. Some examples may be: a teacher, counselor, administrator, club advisor, or volunteer site supervisor.
- Complete program application using link provided: Future Health Care Professionals Program Application
If you have any questions about the program or application process please email FCC Counselor Monica Castillo at firstname.lastname@example.org
The program application is available March 1-31, 2023.